Your Project Your Rules
Populate the Asset Information Model with actual information about the installed products
The Information Manager can set the required properties for each product type as well as the associated values if that level of detail is required.
These requirements can then be allotted to the supply chain partners, so that they know exactly what data should be delivered when and in what format. ProductXchange then provides the platform to collect the data and subsequently validate and verify it.
Centralised Requirements Management
In ProductXchange you can invite a subcontractor to deliver as-built data to your project. This includes product information and all required PDF documents such as technical data, certificates, declarations of performance etc.
When you invite a subcontractor to deliver data to ProducXchange all the data requirements that you have set are transferred automatically to the common working environment.
This is how you and your supply chain partners can view them and deliver exactly what is required.
Keep values on point
ProductXchange provides you with the ultimate as designed – as-built data checking capability.
By inputting values for the properties that have been specified by the design team as a filter, you can automatically verify if what has been installed meets the specifications in the Check phase.
Environmental compliance just became easier
You can increase the market value of your projects by adding environmental filtering, based on standards such as the BREEAM or LEED. The systems identifies weather documents such as the EPD – Environmental Product Declaration are in place for a certain product or chemical helping you meet certification requirements.
Predefined Chemical Filters
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS): With ProductXchange you will never miss out on legislative requirements again. The system will constantly remind you if the installed material contains chemicals that require a Safety Data Sheet (EU REACH Regulation). If the SDS is missing, you can request it from the manufacturer through the system.
- SDS services: coBuilder offers an array of SDS services including document digitalization and translation. Through PxC you can also produce a compact version of the SDS to display on site. If you wish to explore these options, please contact the PxC support team.
- Avoid hazardous chemicals. In ProductxChange you can set a filter to avoid certain chemicals. Just type in the name of the chemical or the respective CAS, REACH or EU number code.
- Avoid risks. You can filter chemicals based on hazard statement/risk phrases and EU waste codes. In this way, all chemicals that may cause an undesired outcome for people’s health and the environment will be highlighted as not compliant with your project’s health and safety requirements.
- Lists of chemicals with very high concern. In ProductXchange you can take advantage of some predefined filter aggregates. One of them is the ‘Candidate’ list of chemicals classified as substances of very high concern, based on the criteria in Article 57 of the EU REACH Regulation.
What happens next?
AS-BUILT DATA – it is a shared responsibility
After setting the product property requirements for the project you are at a stage where it is essential that you share the responsibility of delivering accurate as-built data with the supply chain. Going beyond subcontractors who are actually installing the products on site, manufacturers are the most credible source of accurate up-to-date product information.
ProductXchange allows you to collaborate with both groups in order to create your accurate as-built data repository for each project.
goBIM – digitising the manufacturing industry
goBIM is coBuilder’s award winning tool for manufacturers allowing them to digitise their data and deliver it in structured common data formats to the whole supply chain. Through the unique integration between goBIM and ProductXchange, contractors take advantage of automatic data delivery based on the set requirements.
This feature is only available if the contractor chooses to work with manufacturers holding a goBIM subscription. Manufacturers and suppliers can be invited to use goBIM via the platform interface.
Would you like to see a real world example?
Click here to find out how SKANSKA mobilized their supply chain
to automatically deliver accurate as-built data in ProductXchange.
- Collect and work only with product property sets relevant to your project’s national, legal and market requirements.
- Automatic verification of the data through setting specific values for the required attributes.
- Centralised Requirements Management. Communicate what is required to your supply chain. Nothing lost in translation.
- Save time and money through automatic data delivery based on the set requirements.
- Improved control over the subcontractors’ work, including installed products and delivery dates.
- Sustainable construction. Added project value through comprehensive environmental filters.
- Easy BREEAM certification management.